Monday, August 26, 2013

And then this happened...

I know, I know... it's been ages since my last post. But I promise you I have a very good reason. I had a baby!

Our son Jackson was born October 12, 2012 and weighed in at 9 lbs. 12 ounces. My husband and I couldn't be happier. I mean, just look at that smile.


As any of you who are parents know, the first months flew by in a blur. It was basically feed, sleep, change, repeat, which left little time for fun stuff like sewing and crafting. Plus, I went back to work full-time when he was just 8 weeks old, so even as we started to gain ground in the sleep department, I had one more thing competing for my attention. I really admire those bloggers like Rad Megan who manage to keep blogging even after they have a baby. (And yes, Megan, plenty of us love your onesie posts!)

I may still be underslept but I do feel like I've turned the corner -- and better still, I've started sewing again. In fact, I even treated myself to a new machine. I've sewn for years on the Husqvarna 215 machine that I wrote about here, and it has definitely served me well. But I was ready to upgrade to a newer machine that had certain features I was craving -- an automatic thread cutter, a knee lift for the presser foot, better buttonhole options, an integrated walking foot, a wider throat, and brighter lighting in the work area. I got a Janome Memory Craft 8900 QCP, and so far I love it. In the interest of full disclosure, I should add that I contemplated getting a Bernina, but I just couldn't justify the added cost for that brand name.

For now I'm mostly sewing baby clothes. Did I say clothes? I really meant pants. Big Butt Baby Pants. Those things are so stinking cute and they go together so quickly. So far I've made two pairs for Jackson, including the ones in this video, and I have three more on the cutting table now.


At some point I'll try to post still photos of the pants. In fact, I planned to take pictures of Jackson showing off his new crawling skills in them tonight, but guess who had a blowout at daycare today? Oh well, it just gives me a good excuse to take more photos of my sweet little babe! As if I needed an excuse to take more photos of this cuteness.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin